On Wednesday afternoon our Pre-Intermediate classes went to the Eumundi markets to do an English activity and to see the world famous food and craft markets.
Our students needed to complete the sentence and write about their experiences that they shared with each other that day.
“Yesterday we went to Eumundi markets with the class…..”
“Yesterday we went with the school to the Eumundi markets. That weather was good and we enjoyed it. After Kana walked around the markets she decided to buy a Pitaya bowl. She enjoyed the food a lot because it was very good. Jenny decided to buy a sugar cane juice. But she didn’t enjoy it because she thought it would be a sweet flavour but it smelt like ginger. Nerea didn’t buy anything because she has been to the markets 4 times before.
We enjoyed the live music. The boy played a Didgeridoo and it was the first time we listened to traditional aboriginal music.
The experience in Eumundi market was amazing!!”
Written by Jenny, Nerea and Kana
“Yesterday we went to Eumundi Market.
We ate hot dogs, ice-cream and slinky potatoes.
But we bought nothing more.
We saw worm juice, fake ear pods and a Macaw.
We listened to Aboriginal music.
We watched caricature, finger painting , face painting and leather work.
Eumundi Market had Brazilian Tapioca food and Japanease Okonomiyaki.
There were bargains and we saw paisley print clothes.
So we spent a good time together.”
Written by Mauricio, Zoe and Erika
1. The slogan of the market is make it, bake it, sew it, grow it!
2. Yesterday we saw a macaw which is a big bird at Eumundi markets.
3. Yesterday we ate potatoes and sausages at Eumundi market.
4. Yesterday we listened to Aboriginal music.
5. Yesterday we saw Jodi the face painter.
6. Yesterday we saw Alex doing finger painting.
7. Yesterday we bought ice-cream and kebab.
8. There were koala and kangaroo products at Eumundi markets.
9. There was Okonomiyaki from Japan.
10. But we didn’t see any Thai food.
Written by: Miyuki, Nopparat and Sophie