New students always say they feel ‘nervous’ on their first day. So here is what to expect.
- A warm greeting at reception. You will be asked for your passport and visa and contact details and given a student handbook.
- You will be shown the student kitchen area where you can make yourself a nice cup of tea or coffee whilst waiting to meet the other new students.
- At 9 am you will meet the Academic Management Team (more about us below) who will welcome you and give you a placement test. There are forty grammar/vocabulary questions and a writing task.
- At 10 am Anj, our Student Services coordinator, will give you a full information session. You will learn all about living and working in Australia and more importantly, where the best parties are in Noosa. Here she is giving her talk this morning;
- After a 15 minute break, you will have an interview with Becky, Nina or Annette. This is us:
- We will discuss your study options and English goals and work out the best class placement and timetable for you. We will help you feel comfortable about starting your course and meeting your new classmates.
We look forward to meeting you soon. 🙂